The Innovation in Action competition harnesses the talents of Michigan students to address real-world problems. Having completed its third year, the competition has expanded from its original public health focus to include an education track. Within this framework, the program equips students with an innovator’s toolkit in a supportive environment where they combine new, marketable skills in innovation and social entrepreneurship with their creativity and passion to make an impact.
Through the course of this competitive 5-month, transdisciplinary experience, you and your team will:
- Invent, design, and steward your innovation.
- Meet new people from across the university and beyond, encounter new concepts, and develop a greater understanding of public health and education needs.
- Hone your innovation and entrepreneurial skills through modules–the program’s experiential learning framework.
- Gain new skills in innovation, social entrepreneurship, and public presentations.
- Fully develop your idea and be prepared to pitch it to a panel of experts in innovation and social entrepreneurship.
- Compete for cash prizes up to $10,000.