The Shelby Foundation is a nonprofit organization that gives back to Shelby’s community and surrounding areas by providing donors an opportunity to positively impact Shelby’s future.
The Foundation does this by providing financial assistance to schools and other nonprofit organizations to expand programs, enhance arts, culture and humanities, and support improved health and welfare services. In short, the Foundation assists the community where we live, work and love by making it better.
The mission of The Shelby Foundation is to build a legacy of community philanthropy by connecting generosity with community needs.
This is accomplished through a variety of means, including:
- Partnering with others and being a catalyst for change
- Fostering growth of community giving
- Providing reliable stewardship to donors
- Addressing needs through strategic grant-making and organizational support
- Providing leadership on key community issues
The objectives of The Shelby Foundation include:
- Assist other organization and groups to reach their goals
- Expand education programs for youth and families
- Enhance arts, culture and humanities
- Support improved health and welfare services
The Shelby Foundation will be:
- A Community pillar by providing leadership and support to Shelby
- The recipient of enduring and substantial financial and volunteer support
- An organization that provides opportunity by reaching out to our community