A special word of acknowledgment to the Paul W. Zuccaire Foundation and its President, Alice Jean Zuccaire, who made possible this program’s launch in 2004.
The Undergraduate Internship Program
The Pasteur Foundation Summer Internship Program provides U.S. undergraduates, entering their Junior year, with the rare opportunity to work on supervised research projects at the Institut Pasteur. The Foundation’s goal is to encourage and inspire students in the pursuit of a scientific career and to expose them to an international laboratory experience.
Each year, selected laboratories at the Institut Pasteur host U.S. undergraduate students. The Summer 2017 program is now open for applications, with a deadline of midnight on Sunday, January 29, 2017, for completion of the online forms and requirements. This Application Form and the list of 2017 participating labs are shown on this webpage. The dates of the internship are June 5 to August 7, 2017.
For answers to some of your questions, please download the FAQ on this webpage.
During the internships, interns will carry out research supervised by a lab mentor. Applicants should be eager to engage with a different culture, and self-sufficient enough to arrange travel and secure housing in Paris. Depending on availability, affordable housing in a residence on campus may be possible. Interns will receive $6,500 which must cover travel, housing and all living expenses.
- Be undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended);
- Have completed three full years (six semesters) of college course work by the time the internship commences (be a rising senior);
- Not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2017).
- Knowledge of French is not necessary, but a desire to learn it is advisable. This program is open to U.S. citizens only.
- The names of awardees will be posted on this webpage in mid-March, 2017.
- Apply Online!
- Application Instructions [PDF]
- Lab Descriptions [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
- Recommender Form [PDF] to send to your recommenders
- Read this featured article in the Journal of Young Investigators