What is your contribution to a just, caring, thriving world?
The Michigan LeaderShape® Institute is an ethics-based leadership development experience for University of Michigan students. Designed to be an interactive, energizing and unique experience that supports and enhances your perceptions and practice of leadership, it is six days of non-stop self discovery and learning from practical experiences that build your leadership concepts and abilities.
LeaderShape® can help you make things happen. Larry Page, co-founder of Google, attended LeaderShape® while a student here at the University of Michigan. In 2009 he returned to campus to deliver our commencement address and credited LeaderShape® in helping teach him to “make dreams real.” View his address online here. Countless other LeaderShape® alumni have gone on to make impacts big and small in our local and global communities. LeaderShape® can help you make your own dreams real.
During the program, students are encouraged to make choices, take risks, and develop a vision for change corresponding to their passion. Participants spend the week at Camp Michigania in Boyne City, Michigan exploring the multiple aspects of leadership and getting to know a diverse and dynamic group of fellow students and facilitators. Each student is a unique contributor and leaves feeling energized and more confident to assume leadership in any context. LeaderShape® offers a unique opportunity for personal growth, self-awareness, and a deeper understanding of the student’s role as a responsible citizen on this campus, and in the community and society as a whole.
As a participant, you will:
- Become more self-aware of your leadership potential
- Incorporate ethics and personal values in decision making processes
- Recognize and build on the power of teamwork
- Create and implement a long-term vision for positive change.
- Analyze group dynamics in order to maximize individual talents
- Identify important personal values in connection with personal purpose
- Gain a greater awareness of their own leadership and communication style
- Create and map a vision plan