Social Venture Scholars Program
These competitive scholarships are offered to individuals who (1) currently work full-time in an organization that promotes positive social change, (2) plan to use their degree to work in a public, not-for-profit, or other venture with a social-change oriented mission, and (3) demonstrate clear financial need.
How Do I Apply?
1. Write an essay explaining how you meet the 3 scholarship criteria stated above. There is no minimum or maximum length required. Keep in mind, however, that this is a competitive process and scholars will be selected based largely on essay quality and content. Be sure to demonstrate that you meet ALL THREE scholarship criteria in your essay.
2. Submit your materials before the relevant application deadline:
- 3rd quarter deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
- 4th quarter deadline: Friday, December 30, 2016
- 1st quarter deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017
- 2nd quarter deadline: Friday, June 30, 2017
- 3rd quarter deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
- 4th quarter deadline: Friday, December 29, 2017
Send the following in ONE EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your completed essay – be sure to include your name!
- An updated resume that includes your name, email, phone number, & mailing address.
- Names of 3 references, including full contact information and a brief description of their relationship to you.
- How you heard about this scholarship opportunity and which application round you are applying for. Note: This can be included in the text of your email.
- A copy of your most recent paystub. Note: This can be scanned and attached to your email or faxed separately to 1-800-894-6580.
All applicants will be notified of award decisions based on the following timeline below:
- 3rd quarter winners selected: Friday, October 14, 2016
- 4th quarter winners selected: Friday, January 13, 2017
- 1st quarter deadline: Friday, April 14, 2017
- 2nd quarter deadline: Friday, July 14, 2017
- 3rd quarter deadline: Friday, October 13, 2017
- 4th quarter deadline: Friday, January 12, 2018
Applicants are encouraged to re-apply by re-submitting their application materials (with an updated paystub) if not chosen for a particular quarter selection.